Take a moment and write down all the things that are wrong with your life. Then, on a different piece of paper, write down all of the blessings you have. For a negative person, this can be hard. Did you wake up in a warm bed this morning? Was your bed warm? Was there someone on the other side of the bed? Did you have breakfast? Did you go to a job? In a car? Did you have clean, decent clothes to put on? Each any every one of these things are blessings and are a positive part of your life. It can be so easy to think about the negative things: I don’t get paid enough, my car is old, and the cereal wasn’t fresh – come on! Half the world would love to have the things you took for granted just this morning!
What do you ever get out of life by looking at the negative aspects of your it? Are you a complainer? Are you a complainer because of your circumstances or do your circumstances make you complain? How much worse could things be? When you really think about your life, aren’t you truly blessed compared to others around the planet?
Try thinking positively as a way of finding happiness and satisfaction in your life. Complaining does nothing, except making you feel more unhappy and make others around you feel bad, and if that’s your intention, you need to re-think it, because I am sure that you want to be happy and one way to find happiness is to do things that make others happy.
You are the only one that can make yourself happy, if you depend on people, things or circumstances to make you happy, you’ll never be, but if you decide that you’ll be happy in spite of all those things and centre your attention on making someone else happy instead of yourself, then happiness will find you.
- 3O Days of Gratitude to Change Your Life (cauldronsandcupcakes.com)
- Cultivating Happiness. (positive-thoughts.typepad.com)
- Happiness is A Feeling that You Have to Bless Yourself With (aisjournal.com)
- a moment of happiness (butterfliesblankpages.wordpress.com)
- Happiness is a glass half empty | Oliver Burkeman (guardian.co.uk)
- Giving Up Complaining (my.psychologytoday.com)
- Happiness for no Reason (beyondinspirationdaily.com)
- The secret to happiness. i found it, have you? (lif3asiseeit.wordpress.com)